Friday 31 May 2019

How to Carve Chalk | Making a 3D Mural with Chalk Pieces



Bonjour Craftopedia,

Hope you all are doing great. I tried Chalk Carving (again, one of my favorites!) for my 3D Mural Assignment at my 2nd semester. I would like to share the procedure with you.
You Need -

  • Plaster of Paris Chalks (80-100 pieces)
  • Wood Varnish
  • Plywood base
  • Needle
  • Fevicol/Hot Glue Gun

I bought a box of Plaster of Paris Chalks and started carving various patterns on it. Then to harden it, I coated it with Wood Varnish.

The Varnish gave an off-white beige shade to the chalk. Hence, I painted my Plywood base with grey enamel color.

After the Chalks dries, I arranged the chalks representing a city skyline abstractly. I stuck them with fevicol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to make Trees for Dioramas | Artificial Trees for Architectural Mode...

Hello Craftopedians! Wire Trees Wire Trees made of Wool As the Title suggests, this is an Architecture Student Hack video...