Wednesday 13 June 2018

Growing Mango Tree in a Pot from Seed | Introduction


HELLO PEOPLE! Welcome to DIY Craftopedia. Few weeks ago (almost 15-20 days ago), I planted a mango seed in my Pot. I wasn't expecting much but today, I saw the Sapling which is almost 1 week old. So, I decided to make a real-time blog entry and growth process of it. Starting with a brief introduction about the 'king of fruits' - Mangoes!

Mangifera indica, commonly known as mango, is a species of flowering plant.
It is native to the Indian subcontinent where it is indigenous. Hundreds of cultivated varieties have been introduced to other warm regions of the world. It is a large fruit-tree, capable of a growing to a height and crown width of about 100 feet.
The species domestication is attributed to India around 2000 BC. Mango was brought to East Asia around 400-500 BCE. The species was assessed and first named in botanical nomenclature in 1753. Mango is the national fruit of India, Pakistan and the Philippines.


How did I Plant it?

I did not even knew at the time of planting that the seed must be broken open to reveal the actual seed for faster germination. So probably, it took longer time for my plant's germination. But still it happened. Let me give a brief account of the atmosphere here at Hyderabad, India.
It's June, so its still hot but we have received a lot of pre-monsoon showers. The Temperature here is more than 30 degrees Celsius during daytime and 25 degrees Celsius by midnight. Humidity is around 50% - 60%. And, its really sunny most of the time.



Here are pictures of my plant on 14th June 2018








The Mango Sapling presently has 6 healthy leaves. And 3 upcoming leaves. I will keep posting updates every now and then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to make Trees for Dioramas | Artificial Trees for Architectural Mode...

Hello Craftopedians! Wire Trees Wire Trees made of Wool As the Title suggests, this is an Architecture Student Hack video...